Chocolate Whiskey Walnut Pie
I’ve always loved Turtle Pie when I was younger I would ask for this pie for special occasions. What is there not to love, a Chocolate Mousse pie with Salted Caramel and Roasted Pecans in every bite.
Later on, I discovered that it was easy to make now my mom asks me to me her one every time I see her.
Sharing with you an adult version with Walnuts. What’s great with this recipe is that it’s a non-baked so for those who don’t have an oven can easily make this at home.
It all starts with the crust. I used ready-made Oreo cookie crusts because I’m one of those opportunistic shoppers and they were on sale for 50 pesos. They are available in major super markets but if you wish to make your own crust, I’ve shared this recipe here (http://www.thefatkidinside.com/food-2/chocolate-mint-mallow-cookie-cups/). If you wish to use this recipe just multiply it by 2 for a 9-inch pie.
For the filling it’s a mix of chocolate pudding and whipped cream. I’ve also shared my chocolate pudding recipe with you in a video with Erwan.
Click here for the recipe: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t4Jh_hTpq0
This also a great recipe to use Casa San Luis Pastries Salted Caramel Line. Try it with the original Salidou or try making this recipe with our Coffee Caramel for an extra added flavor and caffeine kick.
- 1 Ready-Made Pie crust
- Half of the Chocolate Pudding Recipe
- 1 Cup Walnuts
- 1 C Whipping Cream
- 150 ml Salted Caramel Sauce
- Whole Walnuts for garnish
- In an electric mixer, whip the cream until stiff. Fold in the whipped cream in the chocolate pudding. Place in the refrigerator while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a medium sized frying pan, toast the walnuts for 5 to 10 minutes stirring once in awhile.
- Pour the whole jar of Salted Caramel in the bottom of the pie crust. Place the walnuts in the bottom of your pie crust save the whole ones for your garnish.
- Top the walnuts with the Chocolate Mousse mixture.
- Garnish with Walnuts.
- Keep refrigerated upon serving.