Honey Cereal Bars are my favorite snack growing up. They are probably not the healthiest thing to eat in the morning, but I like to think so. 😉 What I like to do is grab a tub of fromage blanc (my favorite thing right now) and eat them together for breakfast.
You can obviously put as much topping as you want. I just wanted to keep it simple and put chips for hints of chocolate or peanut butter. Since it’s warm here in the Philippines, it is best to store them in the refrigerator so that they don’t fall apart.
You’ll see that it’s very easy to make. If you have a sweet tooth like me you’ll enjoy eating these honey cereal bars and making them for friends.
‘til next time!
Peanut Butter chips mixed in with the rice popped cereal, honey oat cereal and oatmeal.
Different morning cereals, oats and topping I used for my bars. Rice Krispies, Honey Oats, Quick Cook Oats, Un-sweetened Chocolate Chips, Butterscotch Chips, Peanut Butter Chips and Marshmallows.
I used what I had in my pantry at the time. If I had dried fruits or nuts, I would have added them. I used Salted Butter to cut down the sweetness of the bars.
Use a big mixing bowl to avoid cereal crumbs. Mix until the cereal are well coated. Just like tossing a salad.
I greased my pan to avoid them to stick. I made two versions: peanut butter and dark chocolate marshmallow.
- ¼ c Salted Butter
- ¼ c Honey
- ¼ c Brown Sugar
- 1 C Quick Cook Oats
- 1 C Rice Cereal (Rice Krispies, etc.)
- 1 C Oats Ceral (Honey Os, etc.)
- ¼ C Chocolate Chips
- ¼ C Peanut Butter Chips
- ¼ C Marshmallows
- ¼ C Dried Fruits
- In a large bowl, mix the cereals and the oats.
- In a medium sauce pan, melt your butter and then add the honey and brown sugar. Keep stirring to avoid burning the sugar. Cook until the sugar dissolves and mixture gets the consistency of syrup.
- Pour the syrup into the mixed cereal. Mix until the cereals are well coated. Add the different toppings.
- Grease your desired pan to make sure the bars don’t stick. Pour the cereal mixture and press it down until the top is smooth.
- Refrigerate before cutting. Place in resealable containers and store in the refrigerator.