Find the how to video below!
- 125 ml Water
- 125 ml Full Cream Milk
- 2 tsps White Sugar
- Pinch Salt
- 115 g Unsalted Butter
- 140 g All purpose Flour
- 4 Medium Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Egg for eggwash
- 250 g Sugar
- Put Water, Milk, Sugar, Salt and Butter in a pot on the stove at Medium Heat. Stir the pan to mix all the ingredients all together. Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Add the flour and mix with a wooden spoon.
- Put it back on the stove and cook the dough until it becomes a ball and the dough about 5 mins.
- Remove from heat, add the eggs one by one and mix until incorporated.
- Add the Vanilla.
- Put the dough in a piping bag with a round fitted tip. Line a tray with parchment paper.
- Pipe the dough in a straight line of 5 cms long onto the baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, beat 1 egg to make the egg wash. Use a brush or your finger to smooth out any bumps on the dough with the egg wash..
- Bake for 20mins or until golden brown at 180 C. 5 mins before the end of the cooking time slightly open your oven to release all the steam in the oven.
- Place a popsicle stick in each chouquette
- Melt sugar until turns an amber color, dip the choux in the caramel.
- Dip the chouquettes in the caramel, dip in candied bacon, candy sprinkles or cocao nibs.
Carmela's Journal http://www.carmelasjournal.com/