Chocolate Orange Crepe Cake
Finally started my YouTube Channel and posted my first ever recipe video!
I hope you guys enjoy it!
This is a great summer cake that you can make for Mom this weekend for Mother’s Day.
See video below!
Until next time! Carmela
- 270 g – Sifted Flour
- 10 g – Sugar
- 1 tsp – Baking Powder
- 5 g – Salt
- 4 eggs beaten
- 500 ml – Fresh Milk
- 150 g – Melted Butter
- 2 tsps – Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsps – Cointreau/Grand Marnier
- Zest of 1 Orange
- 500 ML – whipping cream
- 150 g – Nutella
- Juice of 1 orange
- 100g Powdered Sugar
- 1. Mix all dry ingredients – flour, salt, baking powder, salt. Make a well in a bowl.
- 2. Add eggs, 1/3 of milk. Mix with a whisk until smooth
- 3. Mix in rest of the milk, butter, vanilla, Cointreau
- 4. Add the Orange Zest
- 5. Let the batter rest for 2 hours. Better overnight
- 6. In a large pan at medium heat. Wait until the pan is hot then pour the batter as if you were making a pancake. Should be slightly thicker than “Lumpia Wrapper”.
- 7. Whip the cream and add the nutella.
- 8. Assemble the cake: start with one layer of crepe and spread a layer of nutella cream. Continue the process and end with a layer of crepe.
- 9. Pour the orange glaze on top. Sprinkle Cacoa Nibs and more Nutella.